I changed the name of our blog because Eric and I have been so blessed in life. We are so lucky to have the blessings that we have been given. I think about the last six months and I can see how much we have been given.
This will be a recap of what has happened the last six months, probably in couple of different posts because so much has gone on.
In August, we welcomed our third child into the world, Jacob McKay Evans. Jacob had the same condition that our first baby, Jonathon did, Anencephaly (a type of neural tube defect in which the baby's brain does not develop beyond a brainstem).
We found out that Jacob had this condition in April. It was hard to know that we would be losing a second child to a birth defect, especially when we did everything we where told to prevent it from happening again. According to most of the doctors we have talked to, it is very rare for Anencephaly to occur once, let alone twice in the same family. We knew that he would not live, but we felt blessed to be able to help a special spirit have a body.
Jacob was born on August 25th, when I was around 32 weeks. He was 2 lbs and 12 inches. He truly is the sweetest baby, and we feel privileged to have him as ours forever.
I truly can't even express how amazing our family is. My extended family is one of the greatest blessings I have. I am so lucky to be so close to my Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and cousins. They continually show us their love and support and I am so grateful for them.



No comments:
Post a Comment